View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 08:50 PM   #39
tabacco
Friendly Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
1. I inherited my dad's intelligence and vocabulary and my mom's tendency to mispronounce everything. As a result I tend to sound like a wanna-be-pretentious idiot in person. (My roommate makes fun of me every time I screw up saying a word, which is just about all the time.)

2. I'm very forgetful and absent-minded. Somebody will tell me something, and then two minutes later I'll have forgotten it. I then have to flounder and try to pretend I didn't forget it.

3. I'm very clutzy. Tripping over my own feet, knocking over drinks, walking into walls and doors, trying to open a door the wrong way, clunking people with my umbrella, etc. etc. Been there, done that, looked stupid.

4. I'm slow. It takes me forever to "get" things a lot of the time. Considering I know I'm supposed to be smart, this irks me to no end.

So in essence, I'm a graceless absent-minded idiot. ;P
Oh great. Basically, you're me.

1. Yep. It's a variation on E. Henry Thripshaw's Disease.

2. Ask Jack, Kim, or Jake about how I handle feature requests

3. I am unfortunately also employed in a job that requires the use of power tools. I have driven a nail through my thumb before with a nail gun (while building a set for a production of Die Zauberflöte, in fact). I have a rather large scar on my left leg from another workplace accident (not involving power tools).

4. I hear ya'