View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 09:10 AM   #9
Sage
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Jeysie listed all of mine, except for number one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
1. I inherited my dad's intelligence and vocabulary and my mom's tendency to mispronounce everything. As a result I tend to sound like a wanna-be-pretentious idiot in person. (My roommate makes fun of me every time I screw up saying a word, which is just about all the time.)
My pronunciation is okay, but it's all filtered through a Southern accent so the net result is the same. For comparison purposes, the pierced and dreadlocked computer guru on the television show "Wanted" has a genuine Alabama accent (the first I've ever heard on television), and I suspect I sound a lot like him.

Quote:
2. I'm very forgetful and absent-minded. Somebody will tell me something, and then two minutes later I'll have forgotten it. I then have to flounder and try to pretend I didn't forget it.
On bad days I consider hiring a nursemaid just to walk around beside me and remind me of important stuff.

Quote:
3. I'm very clutzy. Tripping over my own feet, knocking over drinks, walking into walls and doors, trying to open a door the wrong way, clunking people with my umbrella, etc. etc. Been there, done that, looked stupid.
I stopped wondering years ago where I'd picked up all my bruises and scratches. I don't normally wear a watch because I always end up breaking it or scratching the crystal.

Quote:
4. I'm slow. It takes me forever to "get" things a lot of the time. Considering I know I'm supposed to be smart, this irks me to no end.
Hey, I don't call myself "Space Cadet Scott" for nothing.

Quote:
So in essence, I'm a graceless absent-minded idiot. ;P

Peace & Luv, Liz
Madame, welcome to the club. We've got coffee in no-spill sippee cups just inside.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3