Thread: Introductions
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #47
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
Heh. Now that I think about it, I was a bit incorrect that men don't pay attention to me. It's more like men *my own age* don't pay attention to me.

In the span of the past few weeks I've had two separate fellows, one of them just today, both more than old enough to be my father, offer to give me a ride from the bus stop. One of the fellows also completely puzzled me by telling me I was "pleasant-looking" when at the time I was pacing back and forth frowning and muttering in a fit of irritation over the bus being 30 minutes late yet again. (I would think that a description of "looking like you were about to throttle somebody" would have been more accurate.)

This isn't the first time men way too old for me have expressed interest in me. Yet men my own age don't find me interesting. Why is this, I wonder?
Scottsie's wisdom is spot on.

I assume you're in your 20s, am I right? I'll tell you right now, a lot of guys around your age are looking for things in a woman different from men 10, 20 years older than they. Conversely, there are some older men merely looking to screw a younger woman (just like a lot of 20something guys ). Also, remember that the younger you are, the more insecure you feel. What do a lot of insecure men try to do to ease their insecurities? They screw young attractive women (not all the time, there are other things, like owning very expensive cars, etc.). What do confident men do? Other things.

(and yeah, I know this partly from talking to my many lady friends and to some of my older male friends)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien