View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 10:29 AM   #16
Wormsie
Doctor Watson

Hey, I'm just jesting! Sheesh! Haven't you people learned about my Woody Allen-ish neurotic side character I sometimes exploit to explain away my insecurity? It's supposed to be funny...

EDIT: You might also say that I'm sometimes intentionally like Jeff Murdoch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsie
Was my hair alright?
Yes.

I suffered from a terrible flu that night, so be glad we were as far apart from each other as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treply
Makes me wonder why he never actually did make the effort to run up and say, "Hey Swordsie! It's me, Wormsie! Just wanted to say hi. It's good to see you. Gotta go, my friends are waiting."
Because I hate it when I stutter when talking to people. And I tend to say stupid/exuberant things to people when I meet them for the first time (instead of a normal "Hi"), and it catches them off-guard. The usual reaction when people meet me is "WHAT?!?!" Those who don't react that way usually become (figuratively speaking) lifelong friends/acquaintances... The rest remain somewhat awkward. I'd rather not make a point of meeting others, and instead just let things happen on their own. In general. For now. Sometimes I'm able to introduce myself normally, but if I'm feeling like I have to be relaxed and casual, it goes terribly wrong.

Next time I see you, Swordsie, I'll say an insecure "hi" to you. Yes. That's sounds like a plan. I hope I say it loud enough so that you can still hear it.

Last edited by Wormsie; 09-19-2005 at 11:47 AM.