View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 02:32 AM   #59
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I just think the playtime numbers that are tossed around are pretty arbitrary. I did not get far in Amerzone, but I played a good two hours and never got out of the explorer's house. Everybody goes on about what a short game it is, which must mean that the fact that it took me so long to do such a small portion of the game is an anomoly... either that, or I'm really stupid. Or maybe, just maybe, that its label as a short game is meaningless -- but no, that couldn't possibly be it.
It probably took me two hours getting out of the explorer's house too. It's just a third of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
If I had to choose between 4 hours of a really good, immersive, story-driven game made by people who clearly care about making a good, immersive, story-driven game, vs. 15 hours of boring-as-hell gameplay that only takes that long because you have to traverse over a ton of empty screens doing pointless tasks like delivering an inventory item from one boring character to another boring character... well, let's just say I'd rather play the 4 hour game, and I'd even pay more for it. Quantity is not a measure of quality.
That's not really the point. Bone hasn't 4 hours of really good, immersive, story-driven game, or else the demo would have been a thousand times better, and there are heaps of great game out there which last 15 hours or much more.

And in any case, I have trouble seeing how a game of 4 hours could possibly be satisfying, no matter how good it is.