View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #10
jp-30

I wonder how many people complaining $20 is too steep are from the USA. I'd bet a disproprtionate amount. Due to the high competitiveness of the marketplace in the US I'd say game prices are deflated there. So being charged a game's true worth on an international scale seems out-of-place, simply because you have it so good with the off-the-shelf prices.

Where I live a full price PC game is about NZ$100 at release. US$20 translates to about NZ$27. So this Bone episode is a quarter of what I'd pay for a full game.

How about Australia, Europe etc? What do you generally pay for a new game off the shelf, and how doe the Bone price compare?

Also, let's put into perspective what else I could be doing with that NZ$27.

I could buy 2 pizzas from pizza hut.
I could take my daughter to a movie and maybe buy a bag of lollies (couldn't get 2 adult tickets for $27).
I could hire 3 new release DVDs
I could buy a new release CD (if I shopped around a little, they tend to start at NZ$34)
I could by a new release novel, maybe two.
I could buy 4 or 5 beers at a bar.
I could see some unknown local rock and roll band play at a dingy pub.

So as far as other forms of entertainment go (not that I find eating Pizza Hut particularly entertaining) the Bone purchase cost is highly comparable value for money.