View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #47
After a brisk nap
Elegantly copy+pasted

1. A number of people feel that the price of $20 for four hours of gameplay (Bone) is a little too much. What would you feel is an acceptable amount of gameplay for $20?

I'd rather pay less for a shorter game than more for a longer one. I want an adventure game I can finish in a weekend, so no more than ten-twelve hours. But again, I'd rather have a four-six hour game for $10 than a twelve-hour game for $20.

2. Now that online payment and downloadable content is here to stay, how happy are you to buy your games this way in future?

Thrilled. See website, desire game, pay, download, play. No stupid going to the store or waiting for a CD in the mail.

3. If an alternative format (CD, say) was offered for an additional charge, would you prefer this?

Probably not, unless it offered some other bonus. I think a lot of people would, though. It's nice to have the option.

4. If you downloaded a game to play, how big would the download be before it put you off downloading it?

About 1GB. Anything below that would be OK if the server is reasonably fast. A bigger download might be fine, too, but I would expect it to take a long time, and that might put me off trying.

5. Does the size of the download depend on the style of the game in any way?

Probably not, although I might be annoyed if the game seems like it didn't need to be that big. (Facade is an example of a game that seems like it could have been a smaller download.) Throw in a couple of video sequences (like The White Chamber did) and the download size will seem justified.

6. Have any of you downloaded and paid for games in other genres?

No, I don't think so. I've downloaded and paid for a couple of different adventure games, though.

7. Have any of you downloaded any "casual" games?

I think none of the casual games I've played have required a download (apart from loading into Flash player or whatever), and none of them have required payment. I was thinking of trying Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates, but never got around to it.

8. Have you any other thoughts on downloading games?

If you download games, the terrorists win.

Oh, you meant intelligent thoughts? No.