View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #46
Kaelistus

1. A number of people feel that the price of $20 for four hours of gameplay (Bone) is a little too much. What would you feel is an acceptable amount of gameplay for $20?

6-8 hours. Extrapolating from the fact that I would be willing to pay $10 for four hours of gameplay. RtMI hit that sweet spot pretty well.

2. Now that online payment and downloadable content is here to stay, how happy are you to buy your games this way in future?

I throw away boxes anyway, so downloadable contant is fine.

3. If an alternative format (CD, say) was offered for an additional charge, would you prefer this?

No.

4. If you downloaded a game to play, how big would the download be before it put you off downloading it?

I don't care. Though if its too big, then you better have a resume option!

5. Does the size of the download depend on the style of the game in any way?

I don't care.

6. Have any of you downloaded and paid for games in other genres?

Yes. I've purchased a number of shareware classic action shooters. The only classic shooters out there are shareware - though many of them are incredibly well polished.

7. Have any of you downloaded any "casual" games?

No.

8. Have you any other thoughts on downloading games?

I strongly dislike internet verification for reinstalling. I had a very cool arkanoid type clone that I bought once and then the company went out of business, leaving me stuck with no game as soon as I reinstalled. I will not buy another game that requires internet verification again.