View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #45
Kolorabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince
1. A number of people feel that the price of $20 for four hours of gameplay (Bone) is a little too much. What would you feel is an acceptable amount of gameplay for $20?
The more, the better - remember, there are quite a lot of games that retail for $20 and still offer more gameplay time than your average full-price title.

It depends on what kind of gameplay I get, really, but I wouldn't complain if it was somewhere between 6 and 10 hours.
Quote:
2. Now that online payment and downloadable content is here to stay, how happy are you to buy your games this way in future?
Not very happy about it, but I will do it if the game in question is good enough.
Quote:
3. If an alternative format (CD, say) was offered for an additional charge, would you prefer this?
Definitely (and whenever possible, I do this today).
Quote:
4. If you downloaded a game to play, how big would the download be before it put you off downloading it?
1 GB or so, with my current connection.
Quote:
5. Does the size of the download depend on the style of the game in any way?
I don't know.
Quote:
6. Have any of you downloaded and paid for games in other genres?
Yes.
Quote:
7. Have any of you downloaded any "casual" games?
Yes.
Quote:
8. Have you any other thoughts on downloading games?
I want to "own" the game when I've bought it. I want to pay for it, and then be able to do whatever I want with it - including burning it to a CD and installing it on a computer without access to the Internet.

And I want to repeat that I'd really, really like a CD-version. Preferably boxed in a DVD case or something. Like for instance Moonpod and Nurium offer with their games. A printed manual isn't a "must", but I would appreciate it.
Quote:
Thanks for your time.
No problems, I'm waiting for the TrackMania Original Beta to download.