View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 06:44 AM   #23
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince
1. A number of people feel that the price of $20 for four hours of gameplay (Bone) is a little too much. What would you feel is an acceptable amount of gameplay for $20?
I don't really care how many hours it takes, I just want it to feel like an immersive experience. Okay, not so many hours that I sit down and finish the game in one sitting. I can usually play about 1-2 hours before I turn the game off and return to it later. So I'd say at least 3-4 solid playing sessions (not just retracing my tracks to get around an annoying puzzle or wasting my time being hopelessly stuck) seem reasonable for $20.

Quote:
2. Now that online payment and downloadable content is here to stay, how happy are you to buy your games this way in future?
Not happy to, but willing to if it's the only option.

Quote:
3. If an alternative format (CD, say) was offered for an additional charge, would you prefer this?
Yes. I'd also like to be able to download a high-res CD insert so I could burn the installer to a CD and have it be sort of professional looking.

Quote:
4. If you downloaded a game to play, how big would the download be before it put you off downloading it?
I'm on cable, so I don't really care how big it is. Back when I was on dial-up I left the computer on all night downloading King's Quest 2 VGA (and it was worth it!) I'd still be willing to do that, and with cable, that means the game could be pretty huge.

Quote:
5. Does the size of the download depend on the style of the game in any way?
Not sure I understand this question. I'm not going to decide not to download a game I really want to play because of the download size, if that's what you mean. But even if a game's small, if it doesn't interest me I'm not going to download it at all.

Quote:
6. Have any of you downloaded and paid for games in other genres?
No.

Quote:
7. Have any of you downloaded any "casual" games?
Not for my own benefit. I have downloaded a few that seemed adventury, to see if they're something I might want to cover for AG.

Quote:
8. Have you any other thoughts on downloading games?
I prefer a physical product (it's one of the reasons I'd rather find a boxed oldie in a store rather than downloading it from an abandonware site) but if the download model allows developers to make better AGs, I'm all for it.