View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 08:00 AM   #7
DavidW

Send a message via AIM to DavidW

I'm able to give an outsiders point of view, as up until a few minutes ago, I wasn't even aware Broken Sword 3 had been made (I haven't kept up to date on the adventure scene for a while).

I have seen absolutely no ads or promotion for the game, and I haven't seen it in shops. Granted, I obviously haven't gone around looking for it, or kept an eye out for advertisement, but as a consumer unaware of the games existance, I'm guessing they (being whoever 'they' are) haven't made a great job of promoting it. I'm aware of plenty of other games that I have no intention of buying, through ads or having the games on display in store. I LOVED BS1 & 2, so seeing BS3 in shops would have definately caught my attention.

I'll look for the game tomorow, although I'm short on money so can't buy it. I've read up a bit on it, and it seems like a great game. I'm definately more of a point & click player (I love the addictiveness & simplicity of them, and the way you couldn't get to the backgrounds, which intruiged me), but I'll give BS3 a go. One of my main gripes with 3D games was the fact I preffered the 2D layout with great looking backgrounds (ala MI3) over the dodgy looking 3D games. Looking at BS3 screenshots, it seems like the 3D graphics are finally advanced enough to justify dumping the 2D engine.