View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:44 PM   #17
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard
To be honest I would much rather gaming companies make a Gabriel Knight 1 type game now days instead of the usual junk we get now. I'm talking same graphics etc. They would actually save money.
Hear, hear! A good story is a good story, regardless of how it's illustrated. If the graphics are less sophisticated, more effort can be spent on making a satisfying story. And that's really what adventures are all about. I'm not saying we should go back to 3 colors, but as far as I'm concerned the best graphics any adventure game can benefit significantly from were already possible in the late 90's.

Since unfortunately I have not been able to persuade anyone here that exploration games are not adventures, I'll have to waste my time, and the space in this thread, making the obvious exception here: The games such as Myst which you call adventure games can always benefit from more realistic graphics, and they don't need much -or anything, for that matter- in the way of story. Back to the thread now.