View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 08:16 AM   #11
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

SoccerDude, in my humble opinion, when Jane Jensen can't get financing for a real adventure game there's trouble in paradise. The old days are gone. Like someone said above...adventure games rarely get a decent budget anymore. I think that, like most mediums, there is one major creator. It's the creators I get excited about more than the games themselves (basically I can predict a game's quality better if I trust the designer). Unfortunately, as I said, Jane Jensen can't get money to make her next game. Roberta Williams (King's Quest, Laura Bow) is gone. Tim Schafer (Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango) has moved into other game genres. Jordan Mechner (The Last Express, which I think is Top 5 all time) has gone back to Prince of Persia games. I think Ragnar Tornquist is overrated. And so on...

Now for the good news: Lee Sheldon (The Riddle of Master Lu, Dark Side of the Moon) is working on And Then There Were None, so I'm very excited about that one. Benoit Sokal (Amerzone, Syberia) is hard at work on Paradise, which I have high hopes for. Charles Cecil is working on a new Broken Sword game. Some ex-LucasArts guys are creating A Vampyre Story. So, there is hope...just not as much as there used to be.