View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 12:27 AM   #31
Sage
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Was that a good "Oh-thank-God" or a bad "Oh-thank-God"?
It was a good "Oh-thank-God".

Quote:
I really liked the taste of it. I don't really like things that are too sweet (I can't eat chocolate bars in the US. They are *much* too sweet. Even KitKat!).
I'm the same way! M&Ms and Hershey's Special Dark are the only chocolate candies I like. In my opinion, American milk chocolate is far, far too sweet.
Quote:
The box of the pies said blackberry and apple, but I don't really remember there being too many seeds.
Hmmm...Scottish blackberries must be different from American ones, then. Last year, our local blackberries were huge, plump, and beautiful, but intolerably bitter. This year they were kind of small and a little shrivelled, but exceptionally sweet.
Quote:
Then again, I really love Gooseberry pudding, which I think also can have a lot of seeds in it (You see, I only ever ate it once. My grandmother made it back then. Now she's dead, and I don't know where the recipe is. I think the Gooseberry bush might be dead too, after the barn burned and firemen ran through our garden.)
It's too hot for gooseberries to grow here, but I've seen them in cans at the grocery store. I might try some. Since they look like white grapes (which I hate), I've never felt the need to try them before.

Quote:
Mmmmh...Does that mean I'm a Pie-master now?
You're definately on your way.

Quote:
My said: "Putting food inside other food? I really like the sound of that."

I agree with her.
As do I. Very few things in this world can't be improved by wrapping them in a flaky pastry crust.
Quote:
-
ScottMate

Share the love.

<3