View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 05:36 PM   #21
ATMachine
Retired Buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
How minor is minor, here?

I always liked the Pawn Shop owner from King's Quest 6. The Pawn Shop sort of felt like a little sanctuary... whenever Alex needed some weird item or bit of advice for his next sticky situation, he could always find it at the Pawn Shop. [...]
Second runner-up would be the innkeeper/bartender in Gabriel Knight 2. I loved the over-the-top dramatic way he told Grace all those old stories and legends.
Interestingly, those two actors played King Andre and Griswold Goodsoup respectively in CMI.

I agree with your choices, and I've got more of my own (mainly LucasArts-themed, as that's most of what I've played).

Chowchilla Charlie from GF: a very funny caricature of Peter Lorre roles, and his mimickry of the actor was hilarious.

Important-looking pirates from MI1: "..and the quest." "The what?" earns them a spot here all on its own.

Mad Marty from MI2: his responses to why Guybrush doesn't have his claim ticket left me in stitches.

Goodsoup and Murray from CMI: one had very understated dry wit, and the other was just freaking hilarious. I still laugh at Griswold's summation of the important things in life: "Breeding, culture, and lots and lots of really old money."

Hancock and Jefferson from DOTT: their bickering was also a hoot.