Thread: Are you happy?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #22
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic
*pout*

*briefly remembers Sulley's "I am old enough to be your father" and tears out her hair as she starts a general rant* Why, oh why, is it that age makes so much of a bloody difference? Looks don't matter, ethnics don't matter, nationality doesn't matter, most of the time opinions don't matter too much, either, people always say it's the personality, but age is the one topic where everyone suddenly finds an excuse to distance themselves.
I personally don't give a damn about age differences, though I most likely wouldn't find an average 21-year-old as interesting as a 41-year-old. As I told big R a while back, it's not age that intrigues and draws me, it's character. I can barely take care of myself, so being with a 21-year-old (with due respect to their maturity at that age) would feel too much like babysitting. I'd rather have someone more seasoned and experienced, and it just happens that many older men ARE seasoned and experienced (lived more, loved more, etc. more). BUT, perchance I meet someone in his 20s who is so unique and follows his own path and is not afraid to FEEL life beyond merely following its outline, I would love to have an affair with him - even if it's just a platonic one.

As far as multiple romances, why not? If both all parties involved understand it with the wisdom that total possession is not expected, it can definitely be an incredible experience. But it could also drain you emotionally, I think only very, very few people can actually sustain this kind of experience. Elvis Presley's lovers had only great things to remember him by (aside from his irresolute self-destructiveness, he was thought of as an incredible lover by the women lucky enough to have been with him), there was no possessiveness. But as I said, only very few can actually carry this off.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien