View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 02:12 PM   #18
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Trep, this makes no sense. I doubt that their intention was to create an innovative adventure games. Ico is wonderful not just becasue its different from the traditional AGs. It's a good game because it's designed well. Really, the way your ststement reads is just another jab at AGs that follow the traditional formula. Enough already.

Since my definition of AGs follows what's outlined in this AG article written by Marek, I do not consider Ico an adventure game.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,149

Damn, this is the second time I'm quoting this article this week.
So? With due respect to your opinon, I'm perfectly grounded in mine. And as much as I agree with Marek's idea, for me it's still not enough and it's very constricting.

Quote:
I doubt that their intention was to create an innovative adventure games. It's a good game because it's designed well. Really, the way your ststement reads is just another jab at AGs that follow the traditional formula. Enough already.
Perfectly right you are. I don't think they were trying to create an Adventure Game () using the severe standards communities like this so ardently 'worship'. And what are you gonna do about it? I have my own criteria for what an adventure game could be, for the possibilities it could offer beyond what you want to clamp down on it. So with due respect can I not post my thoughts on it without you attacking me all time? SHEESH!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 08-12-2005 at 02:17 PM.