View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 06:29 AM   #54
squarejawhero
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky
Wow! It's like you haven't even read other people's posts in this thread at all.
Wow! It's like you're just setting out to completely disagree with everything I'm saying! Sorry, bull. I've been reading. Don't try to undermine my opinion because it isn't in chime with yours.

Quote:
"Adventure games" don't need to have one "central point" because (like insane cobra states much more clearly than I have) it's not one very wide genre, but two distinct genres who happen to have the same name. It's like insisting on one "umbrella" definition of "Indian" which encompasses people from India and the native people of America. No! Two different things with (confusingly) one name.
You're MISSING MY POINT. We're not talking about adventure games, or at least we weren't - we were talking about FIRST PERSON ADVENTURE GAMES. "Adventure games" as a broad definition splinters to accept a wide range of gaming.

Besides, even so - one meaning has a more definite focus, the other meaning seems to be just thrown out there often by people who have never set eyes on an adventure game WITHOUT any particular reason nor theme.

Quote:
By the way, the "much more egregious" insult to adventure games in Wikipedia is its categorization as a "superseded genre" in the article on computer and video game genres.
Well, correct it then!