View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #19
Quadriflax
cows are my friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Well it was but I think in the case of Still Life, it is a little bit more justified. Most of the game happens at night (at least the Chicago part of it), and the locales usually involve a crime scene so I don't know if you would expect a crowd there. Still they might have added some kind of people walking in the background, to give it a more realistic feel. Seeing that the company did not even have enough money to finish the game, I'm satisfied with what they offered.
Wow. I totally (and respectfully) disagree. It doesn't matter if the locales were at a crime scene, it was still in the middle of Chicago and NO ONE was around. Prague should have had way more people crawling around it too, despite how it was the 1920s. Still Life's emptiness was out of place. Even the police station should have had much more life in it than it did. Plenty of cops work on Christmas, so that's no excuse. The locales of Syberia were supposed to be empty and barren of life; abandoned and lonely screens added to the overall beauty of the in game art.

I'm not saying Syberia was perfect. In fact, the gameplay in both was lacking. On that note, I have to say Syberia is the better of the two. At least with Syberia I got worlds that, in their own fantasy like way, made sense. Still Life's... not so much.