View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 12:43 AM   #76
BenjaminBunny
fire breathing

In theatres:

The Island. Great fun if you know what you're getting. (an action-packed yet quite aesthetically tasteful film). Even better if you love Ewan McGreggor, like I do, because you get to see two of him on the screen at the same time. Otherwise, a truly amazing experience of cinemotography and color grading. Honestly the only film I can say that has looked as good as The Island is LOTR.

On DVD:

Queen Margot. Very graphically violent, yet a very satisfying movie to see if you can handle it. It takes place in 16th century France during the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre of the protestants by the catholics. European rennasiance royalty, court intrique, forbidden love, sex, poisoning, french history.....lot's of french being spoken really quickly...for me at least it doesn't get much better.

Artemisia Yar, this one be good. If you like Queen Margot, you should like this one too. (Not nearly as violent though, as a matter of fact I don't think there is much violence at all). It's about the famous French woman painter from rennaissance France.

Eyes Wide Shut I'm probably the last person on the planet to see this but I literally just finished watching it about an hour ago. Yar, t'is good.