View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 04:38 AM   #1
bysmitty
Bad command or file name

Default Non-adventure game recommendations for adventure gamers

He he, I hope we can stay on topic so this thread doesn't get moved.

What non-adventure game title would you recommend to adventure gamers? why?

Half-Life 2 - To see the extent of how much the environment can affect gameplay and puzzles. Of course the game is not puzzle-laden but there are small easy puzzles like none in any adventure game because they are based on the physics engine or deformable environments. I dream of the day that I see an adventure taking a fresh approach to puzzles... or using the source engine for that matter.

Everquest 2 (or any good MMO) - Because playing a game w/ thousands of other live players is a real different experience then playing a single player game. You create friendships, take real pride in your character and accomplishments, and the game is ever evolving so there is always something to do. That, and I'm a fiending EQ2 addict.

Elder Scrolls -Morrowind -To see what how real a virtual world can feal. This game is masterfully crafted and it is so easy to loose yourself in all the intricate detail that was put into this massive world. Plus, I enjoyed the open ended-ness of the gameplay that let the player descide how they want to play. First time I played it, I made a mistake and couldn't continue the main story-line... didn't stop me from spending hours and hours continuing to play the game and having fun.

What other recommendations do you all have?

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!