View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 03:47 PM   #32
Siftland

Amazing, amazing demo. It's going to be an amazing game too. I can already tell.

This title sort of came out of left field for me. I remember seeing some screenshots a couple months but was turned off by the female lead (I usually can't relate to them: TLJ and Syberia). But several good comments about the demo, plus seeing the guy who did Rayman did it, made me DL it.

I's really the perfect blend of adventure and platforming. With an epic globe-spanning RPG feel; you can see the entire world from the top of the lighthouse!...and it's not textures, it's all polygonal. The comparisons to Zelda and Anachronox (Jade sort of reminds me of Stiletto in a way) are just. It's also got a whole lot of Miyazaki in it, which is the main reason I like the female lead this time out. Plus the pig-man and the centipede boss are very Miyazaki.

I'm totally in love with this game....It already seems to be on the scale of my favorite title, Grim. I'll be picking it up for X-Box.

Meanwhile, it could even be better than the game I've been follwing closely and hyping up since it has been anounced, Psychonauts.