View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 11:18 PM   #19
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

I just finished the demo. My main complaint is that the mouse/keyboard control is terrible, this is NOT a game to be played that way. I didn't bother using my Thrustmaster pad, but I can tell it would be far better. Those of you bent on getting it for PC, BUY A GAMEPAD.

It IS an 'interactive drama', but played out in 'real' time where you must make very quick decisions and 'physically' carry them out. I tried many different ways of doing it, including simply running out of the diner with blood and all, getting a cab (I imagine the police will probably talk to the cab driver later on), and going into the subway (much better, no one will pay attention to you). I also cleaned everything up in the toilet and just ran out (less facial recogntion), and stopping to pay my bill (more facial recognition). I also tried running out the back door (waitress saw me).

It's a very interesting game, and though for some reason it feels......I dunno, contrived (well, what adventure game doesn't? ), it also feels extremely fresh.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien