View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 09:24 AM   #1
Christina

Default My Ultimate Gaming Machine

A couple of months ago my PC got majorly virused, so I figured I'd use that as an excuse to get a brand new computer.(Even though my current computer was barely 3 years old and was fixable.^_^)

I decided I'd build my own computer from components that I hand picked and put together myself - and it actually works, you know, without blowing up and stuff. I also put a bunch of bright lights, sound activated lights, fans, and UV reactive cables in it. My computer basically looks like a little techno dance club. ^_^ Everytime music plays the lights react to the beat. And because I'm so proud of it, I have to show it off to everyone with see through panels and screenshots that I post to message boards. ^_^

The Specs

Athlon 64 chip - Yup that's the brand new 64-bit chip. It's the only one on the market - not like I really needed it though; but I just couldn't resist.
512 MB DDR memory
ATI All in Wonder 9800 Pro - 128 MB
Memorex CDR/W/DVD combo drive - 48x write speed
Plextor DVDRW drive - supports both DVD+R and DVD-R and writes at 8x

To test drive it I installed GTA: Vice City. It can run at the highest settings possible with absolutely no load time, dropped frames, or lagging whatsoever. 8-) I was in heaven.

If anyone is wondering, the entire system including the case, modem, floppy drive, and everything listed above including tax and shipping costed roughly $1200.00. Not bad at all considering a similar system sells for $3200.00 at other online stores.

Sorry if a couple of the pictures are blurry. None of the pictures really give the sheer coolness of it justice. Ok, I'm done bragging now. ^_^

Click here to see the pics!

Last edited by Christina; 11-10-2003 at 10:05 AM.