View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #41
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
the trip across the dark lake to recover the horcrux-the Inferi are truly creepy.
I want to see this done in film. Let's scare those children!
Quote:
* seemingly pointless filler in the middle.
Maybe I've forgotten half the book already, but I suspect that most stuff not directly relevant to the plot of this book will be relevant in the next one.

Quote:
* the fact that despite a promising start, Draco is only on the peripheral for most of the book.
My brother, having finished the book, complained to me that Draco was, once again, the most one-dimensional and thus unbelievable character. Giving him more presence may have helped (Rowling was obviously trying to make us feel sorry for him), so I agree here.

Quote:
Also I've been thinking about the other horcruxes-does anyone else think that Harry might be the final one?
Wikipedia suggests this, and it would be interesting, but I'm sure someone will come up with a good reason why it can't be the case. Voldemort did murder Harry's mother, though, so surely it depends on how long it takes to make a horcrux?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.