View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 01:02 AM   #54
Wajus
(Va-yoosh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egarthen
I second that. Dredg is a killer band. Both of their albums are fantastic, but El Cielo is the better in my opinion. Of the Room is a standout, as is 18 People Living in Harmony. Either of them is definitely worth a listen.
Of the room is like an anthem of theirs.
And have you ever heard their EP Orph?

Quote:
Wajus, since you and I seem to have similar taste in music - have you ever heard of a band called Sigur Ros? I think you'd like them. Check out Untitled Track 8 off of their ( ) album if you're curious.
I know of Sigur Ros but actually never got to listen to them - only some samples. But I'll definitly going to approach them once again. I know I liked Godspeed You Black Emperor which is kinda similar to SR.

Quote:
Wajus (or others): Is Tool Radioheady? I've never really heard anything of theirs, somehow I got the impression I wouldn't like them, but I adore Radiohead .. if so, I'll get to sampling them immediately
Well it may sound hard to believe but it's rather that Radiohead sounds at times like Tool. I think that Tool is one of the most influencial bands out there at the moment.
It's like hardrock bands seem to be inspired strongly by their moody&dense "Undertow" (1993) - MudVayne, Deftones, Taproot, Disturbed.
While ambient/rock/alternative artists secretly admire enigmatic&monolitic "Aenima" (1996) - Massive Attack, Radiohead.