View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #400
samIamsad
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I hope you're suggesting that just because Morrowind did a lousy job of sustaining a strong narrative construct, the general idea of introducing a sandbox approach to adventure games is bad. It can work, depending on individual concepts. Near unlimited exploration (and rewards for such) can itself contribute to the immersiveness of a game, and pending the talents of the designer and writer, can enrich the main story and even the puzzles challenges set up for the player.

Once again.... depending on the concept of a game..... It'll be interesting to see what 80days will be like. Morrowind (and its predecessors) is more of a fantasy world simulator, the story is merely a gimmick. That's how I feel about it anyway.

Oh, and gilly, in one section near the end of Shock2 I had to rely on a cheat myself. It's a hard game at times, a lot of people complained about the constant respawning of enemies. I couldn't do without the respawning. You never feel safe on that creepy ship and that's the whole purpose behind it.

Last edited by samIamsad; 07-18-2005 at 02:25 PM.