View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 04:02 AM   #3
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Option number 2 works for me.

I've got to say, I don't have the same view of adventure games as being "games for people who like to use their brains" or anything of that nature. Honestly, most adventure game puzzles are fairly absurd (even the "good" puzzles), and I think more than indicating intelligence conquering some kind of mental challenge they just indicate that the player is rather patient and knows how to solve adventure game puzzles. It's fair I think to say that adventures cater to people who are more patient or who hold character and story (or even puzzles) to a higher degree than other game elements, but I don't think this has anything to do with intelligence. And Marek, this isn't directed at you by any means, and I know it's related only tangentially to your post It just seemed like a somewhat-fitting place for a mini-rant, since I see the aforementioned "smart gamers" thing pop up all the time in adventure gaming communities.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright