View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 10:38 AM   #38
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Who's flaming? I didn't insult anybody. I'm just saying that the idea that if someone doesn't like rap then she's just ignorant is ridiculous. Now, if your sense of self is so dependent on that single idea that any dissent is taken as a personal attack, you probably need to do a little introspection. But that's not really my problem.
You're not flaming. Me and Synthetic are. But as far as I'm concerned, the definition of a flame war is two people on an internet message board arguing with eachother and lashing out to eachothers opinions. This is pretty minor. More of a debate, I guess.

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I usually don't bother learning the titles of songs unless they're songs that I like. Since I have yet to hear the Eminem song that I like, I haven't taken the time to learn any of the titles. So no, I can't make you a list of the Eminem songs that I have listened to. That doesn't mean I haven't heard his music, though.

And that's not really my point anyway. I was mostly trying to help you out by pointing out that, in my experience at least, people who make such assumptions usually end up looking pretty stupid. After all, when you assume, you just make an ass out of you and me.
Yes, I'll admit that was rather stupid. I'm just so used to people who say Eminem sucks and never heard anything other than "Real Slim Shady", it's gotten to be a habit.