View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 03:08 AM   #23
syntheticgerbil
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Nice job putting all that emphasis on race. There are only maybe three white rappers who have actually got to the top. Mathers, Lil Wyte, and Paul Wall. The second in that list happens to be my favorite rap artist and he is the most increadible MC I've heard in years. Dare I say, better than Eminem. His 2003 album, Doubt Me Now, implies just what the title states he like the other two rappers have been knocked down because of the color of their skin. Unlike most MCs, he's actually seen blood on his shirt and has fought and fought to mild popularity. If you ask me, the white rappers around are a hell of a lot more tough than the black guys.
You're being ridiculous, there are still tons of white rappers that aren't on major labels that are much more skilled and more intelligent. I'm guessing "the top" for you means making it on the radio and getting in the Top 10 at MTV. Neither of those matter, as who decides who goes where is money. And as for three white rappers, why are you forgetting MCA, Ad-Rock, and Mike D?
Quote:
Tell me again why you feel this way. Why you've ignored the other stuff I said. Right now, you're going around in circles. I've read the website. What I call this "stuff": business. It's not just the music industry that comes off as an evil corporation. Huge car companies (Ford), insurance companies (State Farm), even game companies (EA) all operate in questionable ways. If you want to make a big deal about how evil the music indusrty is, then why not other huge corparations?
Well considering that is the current topic of the thread, it would be logical. Not as if I don't have a problem with everything else you mentioned besides that. Although the first two aren't creative fields,(in the traditional sense) so it works different. Music isn't synonymous with business. Music is music. Business makes music homogeneous, ignorant, bland, and nothing more than a product to sucker in new buyers.
Quote:
Really, what you are implying is that any rapper who is under a record label has no talent. Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 2pac, Notorious BIG, TI, Ice Cube, NWA, Lynch Mob, 3 6 Mafia... If I had all day, the list would be tremendious. Blood, sweat, tears. The three things that have been sheaded on the path to the big time. They've all suceeded and they'll be damned I a record label will hold them back.
Pretty much. Everyone you listed is a tool. If you don't know it and want to be stubborn about it, then fine. There's so much more out there than that narrow amount you just listed. Suburbia's word of mouth and MTV isn't the end all on the possibilities on what can be done with a music genre. It's funny how you mention blood when the corporate artists you mentioned AREN'T (according to you) supposed to be the ones using violence to help sell their image according to whatever the fat executive with the cigar says. (Rick Rubin anyone?) And I think you should read the website again. For real this time.

Last edited by syntheticgerbil; 07-18-2005 at 03:18 AM.