View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 01:57 AM   #21
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticgerbil
He's just a stupid whitey to sell to other stupid whitey suburbanites to make them feel tough.
Nice job putting all that emphasis on race. There are only maybe three white rappers who have actually got to the top. Marshall Mathers, Lil Wyte, and Paul Wall. The second in that list happens to be my favorite rap artist and he is the most increadible MC I've heard in years. Dare I say, better than Eminem. His 2003 album, Doubt Me Now, implies just what the title states he like the other two rappers have been knocked down because of the color of their skin. Unlike most MCs, he's actually seen blood on his shirt and has fought and fought to mild popularity. If you ask me, the white rappers around are a hell of a lot more tough than the black guys.

Tell me again why you feel this way. Why you've ignored the other stuff I said. Right now, you're going around in circles. I've read the website. What I call this "stuff": business. It's not just the music industry that comes off as an evil corporation. Huge car companies (Ford), insurance companies (State Farm), even game companies (EA) all operate in questionable ways. If you want to make a big deal about how evil the music indusrty is, then why not other huge corparations?

And rappers who earn it? You gotta be ****ing kidding me. You know how Eminem clawed his way to the top in the underground doing rap battles, being persicuted by his peers because of the color of his skin? Every rapper who is on top now has earned it with hard work and have worked they're whole lives to earn respect. You think that all Eminem's fans are little eight-year-old white kids? You are obviously in no position to judge him when you don't know a damn thing about him.

Really, what you are implying is that any rapper who is under a record label has no talent. Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 2pac, Notorious BIG, TI, Ice Cube, NWA, Lynch Mob, 3 6 Mafia... If I had all day, the list would be tremendious. Blood, sweat, tears. The three things that have been sheaded on the path to the big time. They've all suceeded and they'll be damned I a record label will hold them back.

Last edited by SamNMax; 07-18-2005 at 02:25 AM.