View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 12:19 AM   #1
mycroft

Default What precautions do you take to preserve your games?

I was looking at some of the ebay oriented threads and others pertaining to game collecting.A few of them showcased some truly remarkable collections.Games that were both large in number and some which are also considered rare.It got me thinking what precautions you guys take to prevent them from dust,moisture and other enironmental hazards.

I have a rather humble collection compared to you guys,and no proper place to keep them in.Currently the boxes are housed in my wardrobe.Stacked one of top of each other.I have burnt CD-R copies of all my games as backup.And keep the manual and the boxes wrapped in cling film.The only casuality due to negligence on my part have been 1)Chipped Spycraft CD 2
and 2)Lost Rogue Spear CD(Gave it to a friend..haven't heard from him since)

Fortunately, I seem to have evaded the environmental hazards.However the jewel case/DVD packaged games are kept in my drawer which I use very often.As a result the jewel cases have developed scratches due to friction against other jewel cases and unfortunately I do not have a way to avoid this.The Grim Fandango jewel case is showing signs of wear.
So what steps do you take...and have there been any such incidents of the box/cd/manual being damaged ?