View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 11:31 AM   #11
SamNMax

1) This was a pretty senseless post. I sort of forgot that this has been going on since Death Race and there's nothing I can do.

2)
Quote:
But things like Eminem... aren't really people, they are just things. Icons promoted by companies living off controversy so they can just sell more records for 20 bucks a piece. I don't think they are at all a good example of what rap music should be or how it was founded. Any kind of corporate rap music just isn't music. But kids don't have any idea or exposure to any other music out there existing.
Really? How many Eminem songs have you heard? Probably just "My Name Is" and "The Real Slim Shady". If you took the time to listen to his better songs, you'd feel follish for posting that.You're making it sound like he doesn't write his own music, as well.

I'm a kid, and I've listened to the most foul, hardcore rap music out there. Strangly enough, they're all under things called "record lables". Every rap song ever released on a CD is "corporate". It's just that most rap artists have never done the things that they rap about. Killing, robbing, etc. are things only few rap artists have ever done. I'm willing to doubt that the rapper in question has ever done this stuff (he rapped about it in the early days but wasn't serious, though that's another accusation by people who don't take the time to hear him out; that he's a pretender), but that doesn't mean a damn thing to any of his fellow artists or loyal fans, because they've taken the time to listen to his stuff and found that he's one of the most talented music artists to date. You can doubt that. You'd be wrong, but you could still doubt that.

Last edited by SamNMax; 07-17-2005 at 11:48 AM.