View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 12:55 PM   #18
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormsie
Let's say that your boyfriend should say something sarcastic to you implying that he is more manly (or better in any other way) than you are - trying to heighten his social satus in the relationship. I'd be offended by that, but wouldn't know how to respond except by "I don't want you to say things like that to me. Stop doing it." And his reponse would be along the lines of "I was only joking" which is a clear cop-out.
O god, I could think of so many comebacks to that!

"That's probably that last thing you'd say every time you were in bed with me."

"How macho of you to say that. You probably tried to say it when we were in the bedroom, but we all know you can't talk when your mouth is full."

"Hmmm. Tell me, what exactly are you to trying to compensate for by saying that?" (as I tell him this I'd visibly glance down at his crotch)

Quote:
..Challenges?
You felt challenged, didn't you?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien