View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 11:18 AM   #62
Sage
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Okay, now let's try something more personal. Suppose you've just been given a huge amount of money - $5 billion. How would you live your life?
To the fullest extent possible.

Quote:
Where would you live?
On a big plot of land outside Fernley Nevada, about thirty miles East of Reno.

Quote:
Who would you live with, if anyone?
Hopefully with $5 billion in the bank I'd finally be able to scare up a boyfriend, so that's at least one other person. I'd have a second house near mine for my Mom and Stepdad, so that's two more. My house would have a few guest suites for when friends and family come to visit, so there would probably be four or more people in the house at any given time.

Quote:
Would you work? At what?
Yes. I'd have a jaw-droppingly well-equipped garage and I'd start building custom cars. Learning the skills to do this properly might mean apprenticing for a while to established masters in these individual and varied crafts.
A chopped and channelled '38 Buick Roadmaster with a dual-quad nail valve 401 from a Riviera would be one of my first projects. A mildly customized '56 Lincoln coupe and a phantom* '74 Lincoln convertible and '79 Pontiac Grand Safari two-door might be less ambitious projects to start with, though.
(*"phantom" customs are cars that appear completely stock, but are configured in ways that were never offered by the factory. Lincoln's last factory convertible was a '67 model.)

Quote:
What would you invest in? (not just stocks, etc, but what kinds of things).
Land. Northern Nevada is a fast-growing area, and land is the only thing in the world they can't make more of.

Quote:
Would you travel?
Between car projects, yes. I've seen very little of the world and would like to see much more of it in person.

Quote:
Would you learn to fly planes?
Uh-uh, no way. History has shown that whatever supreme being there is takes rich people flying their own planes as a personal insult. Flying model airplanes might be an interesting diversion, though...particularly those that I design myself.

Quote:
Would you hire people to work for you or be independent?
I'm a pig and I hate housework, so I'd hire a maid right off. A maintenance man who's a licensed electrician would be nice to have around to keep everything running smoothly as well.

Quote:
Would you give lots to charity? Which ones, if so?
Once my own ducks are in a row, yes. A no-kill animal shelter and a preserve for wild mustangs would be my top priorities. People can generally help themselves, but animals cannot. A safe house and scholarship program for gay teens who have been thrown out of their homes or subjected to anti-gay "reparation therapy" would be excellent causes to champion and fund. Children's Hospitals and burn centers are worthy charities as well.
My house would have several three-legged dogs, one-eyed cats, and similar critters wandering around making friends.

Quote:
What is the most significant change there would be in your life with the ability to have anything you want?
Never having to punch a timeclock again.

ScottMate

Share the love.

<3