View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #22
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishale
What's your scanning regimen like for those of you that have Avast? It doesn't come with a scheduler in the free version, and I'm too used to having Norton scheduled for a scan every week now to manually have to do it. I just checked my Spybot, and I haven't scanned in 27 days
I've been having the same problem. I had Norton set to scan the computer every Monday night. Since I installed Avast, I've only run the system scan one time, and that was when it picked up the Trojan. I wouldn't have even run it except it detected the Trojan (though I'm not really sure why, since I wasn't doing anything at the time and it had apparently been sitting on my system for two months - thanks for catching it, Norton ) so I ran it then to see if there was anything else (which there was). The scan took almost two hours, so I can't really see myself doing it on a regular basis (unless I leave it on while I'm sleeping, or something).

But yeah, it scans everything that comes in (email, downloads, etc.) so in theory, now that that Trojan's gone, I shouldn't need to do another system scan. (Famous last words. )