View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #11
SakSquash
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Aj_ is correct; There has yet to be a single proven virus caught by a Macintosh.
I never claimed Macs were "crash-free". User error, lack of maintenance, and sheer pig-headed stupidity will make any computer crash. As a matter of fact, that very situation is what led me to utter my signature quote. A friend of mine kept trying to see if software that wasn't recommended for his ancient Mac could be made to work on it anyway by nefarious means.
Macs are not Wintel boxes, nor are Wintel boxes Macs, and trying to apply solutions that work on Wintel boxes to Macs is a pretty good way to screw things up as well. In a computer lab, where many people of varying skill levels use the computers on a daily basis, solving problems and repairing what idiots have "fixed" is just part of the day's business.
Should you have questions or need assistance with the Macs at your school, post your problem here: www.dealmac.com/forums

ScottMate
Eh, I don't get paid enough to fix their computers. In fact, I don't get paid to do that at all. I'm there to load the printer and make sure nobody takes off with anything.