View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #5
Manhunter71
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Gaming - the obvious one, this is what lead me to these forums in the first place
I have a pretty general taste in games, although my heart belongs to the adventure genre, closely followed by rpgs.
When I am totally into a game it rules my life, much to the chagrin of my friends
Favourite games - GK series, Broken Sword, TLJ, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy (8), Grim Fandango

Reading - my favourite pastime from a very early age. When I was young I spent a lot of time with my grandparents as my mum was a single working parent. My grandparents had this huge wooden bookcase in the living room which contained old copies of all the classics - I probably went through all those books during my early years and that instilled in me a passion for all literary works.
My reading tastes changed many times as I grew up, but I think Horror/Sc-Fi/Fantasy are my favourite genres at the moment

Drawing - As a child I would draw anything and always had a pencil nearby. I absolutely love to draw as it allows me to express my true self
I am currently working on my portfolio in the hope of realising my dream of becoming a book illustrator

Martial Arts - I first took Tae Kwon Do lessons at the age of 10 because I used to get bullied a lot as I was a rather portly child.
Those first few lessons were amazing, and led me into what has been a lifelong obsession. Over the past 20 years I have studied many martial arts including Karate, Kung Fu, Ju Jitsu and Kickboxing.
I also competed in and won a few tournaments, most notably the UK championships for my Karate style in 1992.
I don't state these facts to brag about them - I just wanted to explain in depth one of my favourite pastimes