View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM   #40
myhrik
rock star

Send a message via ICQ to myhrik Send a message via MSN to myhrik

Now look what you made me do.

I managed to devote almost my whole day searching for info on what is said in the murky corners of the internet to be the best version of Loom out there - the rare, RARE FMtowns version!!! I downloaded a trailer from the ScummVM site, and it uses the 256 graphics of the CD-ROM version, BUT I also seem to remember reading on some Loom site a while ago about this version... And I think the close-ups were indeed there!! And the music sounds great! No speech, though. But that probably means the dialogue remains identical to the 16-colour version as well. Or am I confusing two different versions here?

Anyway, if you've got LOTS of money, you may sometimes find it at eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

At the same time I downloaded the trailer to the FMtowns version of Zak McKracken (256 colours!)... and that music sounds waaay better than I would dare to imagine - it's a lot better than even a lot of wavetable MIDI cards.

I only wish I could get my hands on one of those FMtowns releases, and wait for their full support in ScummVM.

Sorry for potentially corrupting the thread. I just happen to find this veeery interesting!

"You've just gottta live with ushing the deadlies." -deadworm222