Thread: Nintendo DS
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 11:29 PM   #4
CrimsonBlue

I didn't buy a PSP because a) it's not released here in Europe yet, and I'm not interested in buying expensive hardware through import and b) I wanted something else than a handheld version of the PS2.

The Nintendo DS sounded interesting to me because it was different. If I want to play PS2 games, I play them on my PS2 at home, on a big screen. I don't really travel much, so a handheld isn't necessarily a substitute for a standard console, but something to play around with anytime I feel like it.

And if I want to play normal games on the run, I can do that too. Some of the DS games don't take any more advantage of the touchscreen for much else than menu navigation - like Need For Speed Underground 2. Other games are all about the touchscreen, like Wario Ware Touched. That's what I want for the moment, but I know I can play "normal" games on it too, when I feel like it.

Right now I have four games for the DS, and I bought little over a week ago. The games I have are NFSU2, WarioWare Touched, Super Mario 64 DS and Another Code: Two Memories. That's a pretty standard racing game, a pure microgame collection, a very good platformer with some extras from the N64 version (never really PLAYED the N64 version) and the game I really bought my DS for - Another Code. All are excellent games in their own ways.

The next game I'm looking forward to is Kirby DS. Zelda will come out sooner or later too. Resi 1 was supposed to get a remake with the controls from Resi 4, just for the DS - although I never was a Resi fan. If Another Code sells well, we can only hope for similar games too.

And if you're not satisfied with the DS games, you can always play some GBA games while waiting. I agree the DS is having a slow start, but eventually we'll see tons of games for that one too. Hopefully.