View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
Candle
Psycho Game Maker

Default Introducing LASSIE

The Lingo Adventure Scripting System and Interactivity Engine, or LASSIE, is a Lucas Arts style adventure game creation utility using Macromedia Director and Flash elements to allow quick and easy definition of interactions and environments through a graphical interface. Rooms can be laid out through a click and drag system, while interaction data is captured in the secondary 'Copilot' window. In addition, LASSIE has been developed with the non-programmer in mind. A collection of interactive modules have been assembled to limit the developer's programming tasks to single-line commands.

What it Takes...
All you need is ambition and the ability to make Flash animations. Beyond that and some standard image editing, all you need is the LASSIE development package (available in the downloads section). All animated material can be generated in Flash, then the SWF files can be imported directly into LASSIE for integration with your game. While the LASSIE application is built using Macromedia Director, the system has been compiled into a self-executable file, so eliminating any need for the developer to own or understand Director.
http://www.gmacwill.com/lassie/about.html
I downloaded it today to give it a try and I just can't say enough about this and how good it looks .
If you want to do a game and you use a Mac this is your chance to make one .
And it is freeware as long as the game is not sold .
Mikes Room