Thread: Myst V Preview
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #78
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I LOVED Channelwood!!! That and Stoneship were my two favourite Ages. I could easily live in one of those treehouses. But yeah, I agree, that big hydraulic puzzle felt much more NATIVE to the world, made sense. It was pretty easy to figure out, and just satisfyingly tricky enough to actually put to work.

Ninth, did you play the original 2D version? I played the realMyst version, and it was so beautiful! The difference was in how you walked INTO it, and all through it you were surrounded by near deafening sounds of water and air creatures, very aural and visual. The water effect was jawdropping. And, I remember seeing frogs walking around on the platforms and when I tried to get close to them they jumped into the water!!! I loved that about realMyst!
I played a bit of the original 2D version a long time ago, and didn't like it.
A few years ago I began playing Myst-likes, like Schizm or Exile, and it made want to try Myst again.
So I got and completed RealMyst. Yes, it's gorgeous, and it's also very easy to control. And it's fun! I loved it and can't even begin to understand (so to speak) how one could prefer the original.