Thread: Myst V Preview
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 03:12 PM   #59
fov
Rattenmonster

I have only played the first Myst game, and that was back in 1994 or whever it came out, so I missed a lot of the evolution of this series. But I can say that sitting in that room with Rand Miller, hearing him talk about how this was a fitting end to the series, I really got that impression. The fact that he believes it's the right direction to go and the right way to conclude the saga means something. His excitement was palpable. (Granted, I'd never met him before, so maybe he's always that excited!)

I also got the feeling (and this is hard to describe, so bear with me) that there will be some really interesting symbolism and subtext going on, as far as how the books work in the game - puzzles that are related to the creation of worlds, the same way that a book creates a world. Okay, nevermind, I can't explain it. But the puzzles and experience being described seemed very organic to the very Mystian convention of linking books, which is neat. I love nothing more than puzzles that are completely organic to the game world.