View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #11
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
I'm a bit sick of "worst" threads.

Let's let some sunshine in.

I'm sitting here, sun bleeding through the green trees in the back garden slowly turning into a dusky yellow. Eagles is on the player, I'm wearing my Stetson. I've had a great day out walking in Crystal Palace Park, listening to my MP3 player, staring out at the green sprawl of Bromley reaching to the horizon under a blue sky. Nelly Furtado singing her heart out about beautiful things, everything good, everything perfect... bought some red wine, Pinotage from South Africa, it tastes good and warms my belly... I'm typing away, listening to great music, and the wine's kicking in, and I'm feeling good reaching out into the ether spreading some summer happiness to others.

I'm thinking about how I'm loving the rich taste of the red on my tongue. Hotel California's just kicked in, one of the best songs ever written. Outside my freshly-mown lawn smells of cut grass and my cat stalks pigeons, doomed to failiure thanks to a little tinkly bell. Fishkin (yes, you read that right) has just had some fresh daphnia and is now discovering his new plants I just bought.

It's been a great day. I love great days.

What do you enjoy?
I love listening to the Eagles when I'm on the train. I'm looking through the window, watching some peaceful and green scenary, which looks like a kind of living postcard, and the music gives me this fine and fuzzy feeling of nostalgia... You know, when it's good to be a bit sad.