Thread: NBA Playoffs
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 10:25 AM   #37
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Yeah but the problem with Dallas is that their players are not good defensive players. I mean you have a big defensive problem when Michael Finley is your best defender. Avery Johnson himself was a good defender, and he was trying hard to defend with the players he had. But if they want to go to the next level, they have to get some new players who can play D.
Ummm...Josh Howard is our best defender. Then of course Finley is pretty decent. Damp is slow but occasionally gets some nice swats. And if Devin Harris matures by next year, he could be a factor. He gets steals constantly. I personally don't really want to see a lot of trades or new players, Cuban does that too much and the Mavs end up with no chemistry. I think he should see what happens with this group of guys, giving Avery a chance to coach the full year with them. What they accomplished as a team this year was rather amazing... More injury problems than any other team, a coaching change, almost an entirely new team at the start of the season...and they still went 58-24. Avery will have these guys (these same guys) defending even better next year.