View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #15
SamNMax

King's Quest: Quest for the Crown:
The game that introduced graphics. I don't know where gaming would be without this game.

King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rossella:
A game that took PC gaming to the next level with it's innovative and dazzeling graphics and music. one of the first games to use mouse control.

King's Quest V: Absence Make the Heart go Yonder!:
One of the first games to support VGA graphics. I believe this was also the first game that supported voice work in gaming, too. It was sub par, but it paved the way for new technology

King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow:
Launched CD gaming into the mainstream. Unbelievable and revolutionary graphics, music, and voice work done by proffessional actors. Arguably the most groundbreaking game ever created.

Maniac Mansion:
The first game to use the now famous SCUMM interface. The game mastered the point and click scheme and eliminated the text parser for the sake of convience.

Maniac Mansion 2: Day of the Tentacle:
I believe this was the first game to use cartoon animation.

Loom:
featured the most original gameplay I've ever had the pleasure to play and some of the most original music.

The Secret of Monkey Island:
Not only is this, in my opinion, the greatest adventure of all-time, but it's also one of the most inovative. This was the first game to simplify the SCUMM system to perfection and enabled you, the player, to choose the dialog when talking to a character.

Lure of the Temptress:
The game that first used the underrated "Virtual Theater" system. This enabled the game world to be very life-like. NPCs would actually have minds of their own and go about their business instead of standing there. A shame that this system is not used.

The 7th Guest:
The first game to be exclusivly on CD. For 1992, the use of 3D graphics and groundbreaking FMV, this game was mind-blowing.