View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 03:42 PM   #94
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
If you don't want anything else like this in an adventure game:
Characters are waiting in fixed places for you to start the action, and you don't have to worry about how to treat them, because they're implemented as hotspots, not as "intelligent" human beings, I understand where you're coming from. Otherwise, I don't. That's not saying that Still Life can't be a good game without trying anything new! But there is and will be *always* room for improvements in any genre... Note: I've only played the demo so far.
Ok, so there's always room from improvement in the genre, but as a classic AG, Still Life is everything and more than I expected.
And moreover, I felt like it didn't need any improvement, because it felt intense and gripping enough as it was. In other words, I felt content, as will, I think, many gamers who try it. (the controversial ending notwithstanding)

EDIT: I'm only talking about Still Life, mind you, not about AGs in general. The only 3rd person games I felt content finishing lately have been Syberia 1 and the Black Mirror (unlike Nibiru, Runaway, Syberia 2, Wanted, Moment of Silence...). But even with these two games I had some reservations that I don't have with Still Life. (wandering around, waiting for time to pass, etc...)