Thread: vegemite
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 06:42 PM   #11
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
An Aussie friend of mine says the trick to eating Vegemite is to use it very sparingly.
What?!! Oh no no no no no!! I SLATHER IT ON! Probably because of my Asian heritage I'm used to the intense flavour. R underestimated me the first time I tried vegemite, and advised me to put as little as possible. I said, "You have NO idea. Have you ever had a Filipino condiment called bagoong?"

Then I tasted the vegemite. It was good, very good. I said, "This shit's NOTHING compared to bagoong, which is LETHALLY salty, it's made of shrimp paste and you use it sparingly."

After seeing me gobble down another slice of toast with at least five times the amount his put on his, I watched his jaw drop.

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien