Thread: Black Mirror
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 07:34 AM   #3
eriq
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez82
in that bloody stupid accent. Some say he looks like michael jackson, he is a gabriel knight rip off through and through, its basically gabriel dyed his hair black with a italian mustache. Evern the intro to each chapter looks like the gk2 intro to each chapter title. music pretty much rips off laura bow music for scary music, but not much choices for murder mystery music.
I love how you compare everything to something else. Let the game speak for itself.

To me, the game might "function" like some other games but that doesn't mean it's a ripoff. The graphics and sound are excellent. Sure the characters move a little slow but that doesn't detract from the experience.

The Black Mirror is a dark, almost gothic supernatural mystery. Just because it doesn't have typical "murder mystery music" doesn't mean it's copying Laura Bow either. In fact, I'd say the music is completely different. What sounds like Laura Bow exactly? Can you elaborate? Why can't games pay homage to games past? And if one game takes place in the same type of setting, does that immediately make it a copycat?

I won't even touch your Gabriel Knight comparison. Oh, he's got long hair, he MUST be a ripoff of Gabriel Knight. Puh-leeeeeez! He sounds and acts nothing like Gabriel.

I, for one, love this game. It's a fun adventure with classy sounds, music, and graphics. It's the first graphic adventure I've played in a while that has kept me playing till 4am.