View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 05:02 AM   #14
Len Green

~~ Erwin_Br ~~

Hi there ... we've 'befriended' each other for quite a while. How's things ?

As you know, I've done a great deal of beta testing ... a lot of it (but far from all) on Underground/Independent/Home-made/Non-company/Whatever games ... and written walkthrus on many of them. (( I've also polished up the English of several EXCELLENT games )).

This thread's discussion has become purely semantic. I have the greatest respect for ALL people who produce their own games ... something I could never do in a million years. I have never EVER thought of these folk, or described them, as amateur ! Some of their games are more enjoyable than 'corporate' ones !

However, I too am a little put out by the term "Underground" since it does smack a bit of something somewhat illicit … and since there is an enormous & increasing amount of pirating etc. these days, I would prefer a different term !

I myself have used the term "Independent" for a long time ("Indie" for short). When applied to the many (but not all) "Indie" games which are available at no cost, I always differentiate by calling them "Indie-Freeware".

BTW … YotamElal ………………….
I was born, bred and educated in England [ with English my only language ]. Since aged 24, and for the past 56 years I have lived in Haifa [ In Rechov YOTAM !! ], and taught Physics for 40 years until retiring !